Venue Supervisor (Part Time)
Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre
Join one of Sydney's and Australia's most versatile and trusted portfolio of Sports Venues at the Sydney Olympic Park Sports Venues. We are seeking a committed and enthusiastic individual who is versatile and flexible to fill the role of Venue Supervisor for the Sydney Olympic Park Sports Venues.
Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre hosts over 250 events per year including the National Athletic Championships and is considered Australia’s premier Athletics venue. As Venue Supervisor, you will play a critical role in the delivery of events and day to day operations.
Part time three days per week ongoing role with some flexibility to assist with seasonal event operations.
Salary 22.8 hours per week pro rata of the full time salary of $64,373 per annum, plus superannuation, leave loading and weekend penalty rates.
About the Role
The role is responsible for assisting the Operations Manager with the effective and efficient management and operation of the Athletic Centre.
A key component of the role is high level communication with external clients to establish event setup requirements. Additional requirements include co-ordinating venue operations and event setups, staff supervision, ensuring high-level customer service, liaising with contractors and stakeholders and maintaining high level venue presentation.
To be Successful in the Role
You will have the following knowledge, skills, experience:
- Extensive knowledge and/or experience in venue operations
- Staff leadership experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Relevant leadership experience and effective communication methods
- First Aid HLTAID003 and Advanced Resuscitation HLTAID007 certificates
- Current Driver’s licence
All prerequisite qualifications must be maintained by the applicant on an ongoing basis.
- Candidates without current first aid certificates are encouraged to apply, however if successful, all certificates must be obtained prior to commencement.
- All prerequisite qualifications must be maintained by the applicant on an ongoing basis.
- This position requires out of hours and weekend work to support event operations.
- The successful applicant will need to provide the Sydney Olympic Park Authority with a Working With Children Check Number, or make a Working With Children Check application, either on-line or via phone, through the NSW Office of the Children's Guardian. An Application fee of $80 applies.
- More information on the Working with Children Check is available at www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au
- Australian citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply (supporting documentation required).
Please limit responses to 400 words maximum for each question.
- Outline a situation where you supervised staff during a large event. Detail how you managed time to ensure productivity. What challenges were you faced with, what considerations needed to be taken on board and how were the clients expectations met?
- Describe a time when you directly dealt with a difficult client in relation to event delivery. What was the situation, what steps did you take, what challenges were you faced with and what was the outcome?
How to Apply
Applicants should include the following:
- Response to targeted questions
- A covering letter of no more than one page outlining your suitability for the role.
- A resume detailing your qualifications, work history and role suitability
Operations Manager – Daniel Emerson
For more information call 9714 7581
Closing date for applications Sunday 20 January 2019.