Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre is currently looking for experienced and enthusiastic, Austswim Qualified Swimming Instructors.
Our Swim School is one of the largest in Australia. With over 4000 students, we cater to the needs of all swimmers, ranging from babies through to the elite athletes. We offer an exciting working environment and are looking for candidates who display the following capabilities and characteristics:
- Excellent team work skills
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively
- Reliability and commitment
There is room for growth within the Swim School, and the Aquatic Centre. We also offer in-house paid training and opportunities for professional development.
Casual Rate $26.80 per hour + super + weekend penalty rates
About the Role
This role is responsible for professionally conducting Aquatics Programs: Learn to Swim Lessons, Coaching Squads, Schools, Birthday Parties and Holiday Programs at Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre. Instructors are to ensure the provision of exceptionally high standard of programs for the benefit of all users of the Centre.
To be Successful in the Role
You will have the following knowledge, skills, experience:
- Strong communication skills, especially when interacting with children and parents
- Demonstrated knowledge and an ability to pre-plan and develop lessons.
- Ability to execute a high standard of program delivery in the areas of swimming instruction, swim coaching, supervision of children, and customer service
- Austswim Teacher of Swimming & Water Safety
- Current CPR
- Level 1/Basic First Aid
- Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics
- Teacher of Towards Competitive Strokes
- Teacher of Aquatics Access and Inclusion
- Teacher of Adults
- All prerequisite qualifications must be maintained by the applicant on an ongoing basis
- We offer a number of shifts, ranging between Monday - Friday (am and pm) and Saturday and Sunday (am).
- Provide flexible working hours
- The successful applicant will need to provide the Sydney Olympic Park Authority with a Working With Children Check Number, or make a Working With Children Check application, either on-line or via phone, through the NSW Office of the Children's Guardian. An Application fee of $80 applies.
- More information on the Working with Children Check is available at www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au
- Australian citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply (supporting documentation required).
- Non-Australian citizens must hold, and continue to hold, the necessary visa and work permits appropriate to the employment.
How to Apply
Applicants should include the following:
- A covering letter of no more than one page outlining your suitability for the role.
- A resume detailing your qualifications, work history and role suitability
Aquatics Programs Manager: Avril Taing
More Information Ph (02) 9714 7570