Updated: Friday 3 July 2020
Training Conditions of Entry & Use of Facilities
Sydney Olympic Park Sports Halls has a COVID-19 Safety Plan which is reviewed regularly to manage risks and maintain consistency with changing NSW Government Orders & Amendments. This plan is a summary document and is underpinned by other risk related processes undertaken by SOPA. The summary document is available for hirers to view. Hire sports, groups and associations are also required to provide a COVID-19 Safety Plan and verification is required by SOPA prior to commencing booking.
|Badminton||Court 1,3,5,6,8,10 & 12||4 people per court|
|Table Tennis||4 tables only||4 people per court
|Soccer||1 court only||20 people per court
|Basketball||1 court only||20 people per court
|Volleyball||2 only not 3 – middle court clear
||20 people per court
- Adhere to assigned entry and exit points.
- Always keep a minimum 1.5 metre distance between yourself and others.
- The current social distancing restrictions allow for 1 person for every 4 square metres to a maximum of 20 people per group. Maximum of 500 people in the venue at anytime.
- Place belongings next to court, minimum 1.5 metres apart.
- Avoid touching common contact points
- Wash and/or sanitise hands upon entry/exit and before and after using toilet facilities.
- Wash your hands frequently, cover coughs and sneezes and dispose of tissues.
- Stay home if feeling unwell. If symptoms develop onsite leave the venue immediately and follow the COVID-19 testing advice as per NSW Health guidelines.
- Any organised event or activity must not have more than 20 participants plus any coaches, umpires, carers or guardians.
- Basic warm up and stretching within 4 square metres area permitted.
- Shower and changeroom facilities are closed. Toilets facilities will be available.
- Drink fountains are not in use; bring your own water bottle.
- Bring your own labelled personal equipment and keep within your designated booked space.
- Consider your personal circumstances and whether you are at greater risk of more serious illness with COVID-19 (refer to health.gov.au). Seek medical advice and consider not visiting the venue if appropriate.
- Hirer to identify and nominate individual who will be the group’s COVID-19 Safety Officer.
- Venue Supervisor will be the nominated Safety Officer on duty for the venue.
- Entry permitted between 10 mins prior and 10 mins post allocated booking start time.
- Attendees must record their name and email or contact phone number and this will be secured by the venue.
- Exit the venue no later than 10 mins post allocated booking time.
- Get in, Train, Get Out. You are required to arrive dressed and ready to train. At the end of your training session collect your belongings and proceed to exit the venue.
- Athletes and coaches only admitted through entry and are to restrict access to booked zones and adhere to directional signage. Spectators are discouraged unless for carer reasons. Parent/Carers drop off players only.
- All sessions are to be non-contact training activities.
- No social gathering/meetings and inter-mingling in groups permitted.
- Adhere to the NSW Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2020 and related amendment orders.